NextMedCommsJob is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for jobs in the medical education, medical communications and medical publishing sector in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Entry Level Account Executive - Medical Communications - London
Associate Medical Writer / Junior Medical Writer - Medical Education - KENT
Senior Medical Writer, Principal Medical Writer, Editorial Team Leader – North West or Cambridge or London – Medical Communications
London, North West, East Anglia, Home Counties
Medical Writer or Senior Medical Writer –Part Home Working or North West, Maccs, Cheshire – Medical Communications.
LONG TERM FREELANCE Associate Director or Director - Healthcare PR – London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest medical communications jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
MedComms Networking is a global initiative that facilitates networking and dialogue amongst individuals working in and around the pharmaceutical industry and MedComms, focusing on specialist medical education, medical communications and medical publishing activities. Why not sign up to our weekly newsletter and please, help spread the word amongst all relevant others.
At Burntsky Limited we work with a number of job aggregators in order to maximise the reach of the jobs posted with us including but not limited to:
Jobs in UK
- To take ownership and responsibility for the content development and delivery of medical education and communications projects so that they are delivered in accordance with the project specification, budget and agreed schedule.
- To coach and provide feedback to junior Medical and Scientific Services (M&SS) staff as directed by M&SS team leader.
- Develop, implement and manage the delivery of medical education and communications projects as directed by the M&SS team leader.
- Research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of medical education and communications materials including scientific abstracts papers, posters, oral presentations, print items, and multimedia.
- Professional liaison with pharmaceutical industry key contacts, healthcare professionals and other external service providers.
- Accurate/precise interpretation and incorporation of amendments.
- Manage/co-ordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage, according to standard operating procedures.
- Check printer’s proofs (text, layout, colour, specification) and sign-off for print/production.
- Provide direction for the development of creative designs.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Support the delivery of scientific meetings including pre-meeting and on-site activities, preparation of content, liaison with pharmaceutical industry staff, faculty, speakers and audiovisual providers.
- Coach and assist the M&SS team leader in the training and development of junior M&SS staff including Editorial Assistants.
- Provide review and quality control (QC) checking of M&SS projects to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Assist in the development of new business pitches and contribute to the ongoing development of existing accounts.
- Commission and brief freelancers
- Assist M&SS team leader to proactively forecast workload and resource requirements.
Skills and knowledge required
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with several years’ experience in a medical education and communications agency environment, including experience of good multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Excellent scientific writing and ability to adapt style and content for different target audiences.
- Ability to review and QC projects to ensure materials meet the project specification/brief, and are scientifically and technically accurate.
- Attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout and design.
- Excellent project management, organisation and budgetary control skills.
- Problem solving/diplomacy skills.
- Creative ability in contributing new education or communications concepts and in the production of engaging written and presentation products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coach and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- High-level ability to deliver a range of media, including print, electronic, video and web-based.
- High-level understanding of pharmaceutical drug development, and the regulations and guidelines for the EU, USA and Japan.
- Thorough understanding of healthcare compliance laws, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- High-level IT skills (including Microsoft Office, database and internet searching).
Key result areas
- Delivery of consistently high quality medical education and communication projects that meet project specification/brief, are on time and to budget.
- Quality assurance of medical education and communication projects written by other M&SS staff.
- Coaching and ongoing development of junior M&SS staff.
- Proactive contribution of creative medical education and communication concepts for new business and on-going programme development.
- M&SS Team Leaders, Medical Writers, Associate Medical Writers, Editorial Assistants
- Account Directors/ Senior Account Managers/Account Managers/ Account Executives
- Creative/Production and Medex media Departments
- Pharmaceutical industry key contacts, healthcare professionals, external service providers (e.g. freelance, audiovisual, print services)