Chameleon offers an intellectually stimulating environment; where teamwork and our entrepreneurial approach keep us at the cutting edge of medical communications. We have a strong focus on scientific quality with established processes and systems that deliver creative, innovative and scientifically rigorous programmes that make us a highly rated partner for clients across the globe.
Chameleon has a bespoke training programme to support career development of all team members. We also offer a unique social programme to ensure that great work is celebrated by our teams as well as a community partnership to support scientific education in our local communities.
With over 150 team members working in our offices in West and Central London, Manchester, New York and Los Angeles, Chameleon is a member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), itself one of the leading medical education groups in the world with over 400 employees and a member of the Omnicom Group.
Chameleon is looking for Senior Medical Writers to join our London and Manchester offices to help us meet the challenge of our current success and realise the potential of our rapidly growing business. We exist at the cutting edge of science and medicine and are keen to meet potential candidates to introduce Chameleon and discuss these roles further.
As a Senior Medical Writer you will be responsible for senior level scientific writing and reviewing, scientific leadership and quality for the client and mentoring and developing junior writers’ skills and abilities.
Working closely with client service colleagues, you will be responsible for creating high-end medical communications pieces for the client, including publications, meeting materials, promotional and scientific slides and reports, digital deliverables and patient-centered outputs
Skills and abilities
- Excellent technical and medical writing skills under pressure
- Ability to provide critical, constructive and timely review of material
- Willingness to mentor more junior colleagues
- Organisational skills and time management
- Team working
- Working to timelines and within budgets
Qualifications and experience
- Degree (2:1 or better) in a biological or medically related subject, preference for higher degree
- Usually at least 3 years writing experience in a medical communications agency or similar environment
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and medical communications
- Up-to-date knowledge of key compliance guidelines and documentation
- Well-trained in all forms of medical communications and education
- Good PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Reference Manager/Endnote skills
Character and personal qualities
- Good team player
- Patient, calm, independent and reactive
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
- Well organised and with good time-management
- Great eye for detail
- Keen to mentor and develop others
- Able to work independently, to lead where appropriate on certain projects, and to work and interact as part of the team
- Able to identify and act on business development opportunities
What we offer
- A competitive salary with annual bonus
- 25 days’ annual holiday
- Private healthcare
- Private dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee referral award scheme
- Independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket/travel loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Annual flu vaccination
- Annual eye test support
- Comprehensive training and mentoring programmes
- Additional retail discounts and benefits available through the Omnicom Group
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
Chameleon is a proud sponsor of Afrikids and is currently raising money to create a haematology lab for a hospital in Northern Ghana. The programme is run by local experts and aims to create a sustainable healthcare service that can be run without dependency on aid. The Chameleon team organizes a series of charitable events throughout the year to support the Afrikids programme in Ghana.
: Chameleon (View all our vacancies
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work in the country in which the job is based