NextMedCommsJob is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for jobs in the medical education, medical communications and medical publishing sector in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Entry Level Account Executive - Medical Communications - London
Associate Medical Writer / Junior Medical Writer - Medical Education - KENT
Senior Medical Writer, Principal Medical Writer, Editorial Team Leader – North West or Cambridge or London – Medical Communications
London, North West, East Anglia, Home Counties
Medical Writer or Senior Medical Writer –Part Home Working or North West, Maccs, Cheshire – Medical Communications.
LONG TERM FREELANCE Associate Director or Director - Healthcare PR – London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest medical communications jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
MedComms Networking is a global initiative that facilitates networking and dialogue amongst individuals working in and around the pharmaceutical industry and MedComms, focusing on specialist medical education, medical communications and medical publishing activities. Why not sign up to our weekly newsletter and please, help spread the word amongst all relevant others.
At Burntsky Limited we work with a number of job aggregators in order to maximise the reach of the jobs posted with us including but not limited to:
Jobs in UK
(Knutsford, Oxford, Brighton and home based)
Fishawack Group of Companies is a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies that includes UK offices in Knutsford, Brighton and Oxford as well as office in the US and Switzerland. Fishawack has a reputation built on excellence and creativity, and bound by a common philosophy as well as a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet our clients'' individual needs. Our hand-picked team has a unique blend of scientific, marketing, and creative expertise with fresh thinking and enthusiasm. We believe that our clients'' endorsement is the best testament to the success of our approach.
Fishawack has a need for a Medical Writer or Sr. Medical Writer. Both positions require experience in a medical communications or medical education agency, researching and writing scientific posters, abstracts, manuscripts and presentation materials. These are NOT regulatory medical writer positions.
As part of our Medical Writing & Scientific Services Staff, Medical Writers provide research, writing, and editing expertise for customised medical communications initiatives—scientific posters, abstracts, manuscripts and presentation decks/materials for our pharmaceutical clients. Medical Writers are primarily responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality scientific content within the project specifications, timeline, and budget. Our customised initiatives include print, video, and web-based programs. Our Lead Medical Writers function as scientific and therapeutic experts for assigned project teams, and provide high-quality content oversight for both project work and business development efforts. Medical Writers interact regularly with clients and Publication Managers, Project Managers, Review Specialists, Editorial Assistants, and faculty to ensure scientific accuracy, quality, and successful completion of projects.
- Research, write, and revise high-quality, original scientific content; develop clear, concise outlines and on-target first drafts, and incorporate data and revisions as needed
- Interpret and analyse complex data sets to develop comprehensible scientific content for medical communications initiatives and publications
- Cultivate expertise in assigned therapeutic areas
- Edit and appropriately reference content written by others; improve the clarity in others’ writing and serve as a mentor to junior members of the medical writing team
- Represent the company at client meetings (eg, advisory boards, speaker-training meetings) in a professional manner; lead client and internal meetings as necessary
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings-based projects (eg, advisory board meetings, symposia, round table meetings, congresses, business development meetings) as needed (travel may be required up to 10 times per year)
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors/faculty, clients, and vendors
- Advanced degree in the life sciences or related field is required
- 3-7 years’ experience as a scientific/medical writer in a medical communications or medical education agency setting is required; knowledge of pharmaceutical healthcare marketing principles is preferred
- Experience (3-5 years) in developing scientific publications (specifically: posters, abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations) is required; and experience in developing publication plans is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Demonstrated ability to write scientifically focused medical education materials for healthcare professionals with a high degree of grammatical and scientific accuracy and quality
- Thorough familiarity with AMA editorial style and medical terminology
- Ability to understand the evolving regulatory environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team