We are currently seeking an experience production editor to join a top-of-the-renge medical communications company in Oxfordshire. The main purpose of the job is to edit and proofread documents prepared by medical writers and to check all stages of production from typesetting onwards. In this role you will also brief and liaise with third-party production suppliers (e.g. designers, programmers, illustrators, typesetters, printers), provide input on costings and proposals, and contribute to the quality and creativity of projects in a cost-effective manner.
You will have:
• Several years'''''''' experience in medical communications or a similar publishing environment
• Experience of working on a wide range of medical communications materials
• Science degree, preferably in the life sciences
• Excellent editing skills
• Proven proof-reading skills
• An eye for layout and design
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work accurately under pressure
• In-depth knowledge of the print/production process
• Excellent Word skills
• It will also be advantageous to have working knowledge of:
– HTML and multimedia
Our client is a strategic marketing and medical communications consultancy dedicated to developing and delivering communication solutions for their pharma clients.
This independent company, with a 12-year track record of growth and success, prides itself on its reputation for delivery of the highest quality work. With 60 staff based in Oxfordshire and 15 in North America (Newtown, Pennsylvania), the business is able to take on global projects for big pharma, as well as a range of other projects for smaller pharma and biotech companies.
The company offers the full range of communications from top-level corporate communiqués to market access programmes, value dossiers, product life cycle and strategic publication plans. Furthermore, outputs can be in the form of traditional media or social media using a mix of traditional and and the latest digital technology.
The majority of the work is in strategic publication planning and implementation, with most of the balance being in key thought leader development, HE&OR and marketing consultancy.