NextMedCommsJob is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for jobs in the medical education, medical communications and medical publishing sector in touch with recruiters and employers.
Our client is an independent medical communications agency based in Cheshire. They are recruiting for experienced medical writers to join their team and write across a range of therapy areas.
To write, manage and lead the strategic and editorial development of medical communication projects with a focus on key messages, content and overall quality of all materials. Together with relevant colleagues in the teams, to provide both tactical and strategic contribution and efficient project management, helping to build client and KOL advocacy and helping clients fulfil their marketing and strategic objectives across a range of therapy areas.
- Research, write at all stages, or edit and proof scientific and commercial materials over a full range of educational materials and target audiences for pharmaceutical clients including:
- Data checks and provision of full marked up references for all projects
- Identification of suitable reference material where appropriate.
- Interpret and implement client and author amendments to written materials with the highest level of completeness and accuracy.
- Contribute to the development of clients'' product strategy, publication plans and key message development where appropriate.
- Assist clients in disseminating marketing messages, making recommendations as appropriate for the most appropriate formats for materials and communications.
- Provide scientific and commercial advice, expertise and consultancy in a range of therapy areas, competitors, new products, new indications, etc to actively challenge and encourage client thinking.
- Manage on-site support to meet client / speaker requirements e.g. on-site content development, editing, production, faculty support, slide previews, A/V, data gathering, general assistance.
- Take responsibility for and manage a portfolio of projects across a range of clients and therapy areas, driving the day-to-day project management of all assigned projects.
- Set-up and maintain project files (paper and electronic copy). Track and file correspondence and project work containing all relevant project status knowledge.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the clients on own projects.
- Liaise with client, opinion leaders / speakers to ensure full, timely and documented approvals for all scientific project work.
- Proactively identify resource shortfalls with own allocated project work that will necessitate transfer of projects or additional resource. Liaise with Editorial Leads to ensure project coverage.
- Ensure that project timelines are met and budgets adhered to; record and monitor actual vs budgeted time, and complete timesheets accurately and regularly.
- Review scientific content of written materials for colleagues to ensure that materials comply with client brief, internal quality standards, deadlines and other agreed specifications; provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback to colleagues
- Carry out FIRe checks and Pre-print checks on written materials for colleagues across the company according to the QC schedule. Pro-actively liaise with Editorial Leads and appropriate writer to ensure timely reviews.
- Lead client meetings and TCs where appropriate and follow up any assigned actions from those meetings.
- Confidently demonstrate proactive client service both to clients and to the wider team.
- As a primary point of contact, endeavour to build client relationships and advocacy through proactive and value-added interaction.
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals and pitches wherever appropriate, for existing and new clients.
- Play a leading role in client-facing meetings or pitches for new business as appropriate.
- Actively pursue business development opportunities with existing clients, liaising with Management Team, Account Director and Business Development Team as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to at least degree level in the physical or life sciences.
- Agency editorial experience, including experience of good multidisciplinary teamwork is essential.
- Demonstrable competence in scientific and commercial writing.
- Confidence in client-facing situations; ability and willingness to lead client meetings and make presentations where necessary.
- Ability to adapt quickly and competently to different therapy areas and target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and therapy areas efficiently and competently.
- Ability to identify areas for organic growth and facilitate recommendations to clients.
- Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, layout etc.
- Good knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, medical products and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent project / time management and organisational skills.
- Keen budgetary awareness.
- Familiarity with code of practice guidelines for medical copy / copyright issues.
- Familiarity with drug development process.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills including client/opinion leader contact skills.
- Ability and willingness to mentor more junior staff.
An excellent package is offered including 25 days holidays.For more information please call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.