This is an opportunity to join an award winning medical communications agency. This agency is renowned for the high science content of their work, and now you can join their talented team at either their central London or Cheshire offices.
To assist with the effective management of a variety of high quality scientific communications ensuring the efficient and timely implementation of projects, as well as the development of new business opportunities and management of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Contact/Professional Relations:
- Maintains effective relationships with clients
- Uses scientific and commercial expertise to provide the highest quality advice and present creative ideas that meet client needs.
- Provide progress reports on projects to clients under supervision of Account Director
- Develops and maintains relationships with key opinion leaders working within the therapy area(s) and provides high quality scientific support services.
- Develops strategic and tactical marketing plans with client and applies high level of scientific and commercial knowledge.
- Ensures that self and team are fully up to date in movements within the external environment in order to pre-empt client needs and offer services.
- Oversee the implementation and timely delivery of effective services by the accounts team to the complete satisfaction of the client
- Function as day to day contact on complex projects or larger projects
- Brief relevant internal project team on brief(s) and work closely with them to develop product / service.
- Develop project schedules with internal project team and ensure the timely delivery of effective services to the complete satisfaction of the client
- Coordinate internal project team(s) including staff and individuals from other departments and offices, including ongoing budget review, and management of all projects through delivery on schedule
- Convene meetings when necessary with Account Management project team to update client on progress
- Identify resource needs for all projects to ensure adequate staffing necessary for successful project implementation and completion
- Under supervision of Account Director provide progress reports on projects to clients and regularly review tactical plans
- Attend conferences meetings and other events both in the UK and abroad as necessary
- Prepare budgets for all proposed activities for final approval by Account Director
- Ensure internal cost control and adherence to agreed budgets
- Work to ensure timely invoicing for all projects managed according to the payment terms agreed upon in the final proposal
- Prepare financial reconciliation upon completion of projects
- Develop and maintain all financial records for projects, including monthly budget review and subsequent revisions as necessary
- Monitor estimated revenue on projects managed to ensure average revenue for all projects managed meets appropriate revenue target
- Conduct market analysis in order to identify new business opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities both with existing clients and new clients
- Develop and participate in new business presentations
- Develop full proposals and estimates for final approval by the Client Services Director
- Develop new, original and innovative business ideas to meet clients’ needs
- Present new business ideas to clients
- Oversee planning and execution of all projects team for which you are responsible
- Communicate progress on each assigned project at weekly team update meetings with staff
- Make team members aware of availability during times of peak activity when assistance may be needed
- Provides coaching and develops more junior Account Management employees where and when needed
- Follow up with team members on given assignments and provide feedback on completed tasks
Education and Work Experience:
- A life sciences degree and a master’s or Ph.D. and a wealth of experience in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical environment, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience in broad range of therapy areas.
- General computer literacy required with intermediate use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Team Player
Package is negotiable and will include bonus, healthcare, pension and 25 days holidays per annum. If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.