General Manager - Healthcare PR - Geneva, Switzerland
My client is a dynamic global PR practice, they are currently seeking a General Manager to drive there Swiss Healthcare Practice. The new UK Head of Healthcare will head up the office in Geneva and become a member of the overall management team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with autonomy and grow their own team.
To this end, a demonstrable track record is necessary with an emphasis on commercial acumen and a proven ability to win business. At this agency successful leaders are ''''''''''''''''player-managers'''''''''''''''' able to lead by example and exemplary management
The core function of the General Manager role will be too;
* Lead and grow the Healthcare Practice ensuring alignment with the wider agency goals
* Assume responsibility for the P&L for the practice
* Partner with the existing practices to grow and develop the opportunity for current clients within the UK marketplace
* Formulate and deliver a vision for growth: inspire and direct strategy for the practice
* Maintain team billability and productivity requirements.
* Identify new business opportunities and win them
* Establish an appropriate and effective involvement with key clients
* Maintain relationships with key media and stakeholders, and build new ones regularly
* Lead and develop the team through coaching and line management
* Exploit new systems and processes to build a continually improving function
The General Manager will:
* Be confident, entrepreneurial, self starter: able to identify and seize opportunities and build trust with key internal and external stakeholders
* Have a track record of successful business development with both new and existing clients
* Have Bachelors degree or above in communications, journalism or related field preferred. Alternatively bioscience specialism advantageous.
* Solid PR experience - in an agency and/or within the healthcare industry - providing public relations consulting service.
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful agency at a senior level. I very competitive salary and benefits package is also on offer. Please contact me to discuss this opportunity confidently. Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01293 584 300