Darwin Healthcare is looking for two talented Account Directors to join our team in either our London or Oxford location.
Darwin Healthcare work with around 50% of the world’s leading 20 pharmaceutical companies on various projects form solely UK to global publication planning, from meetings to eLearning, from oncology to medical aesthetics, and for audiences as small as 6 to global web programmes.
· Drive the development of Darwin business by leading the delivery of an efficient, innovative, effective, and profitable service on client accounts and projects.
Skills and knowledge:
· Thorough understanding of the commercial drivers of the business and strategic approach to managing client’s business.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
· At least 5 years’ experience working in a medical education agency.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong project management and organisational skills.
Account direction and team leadership
· Drive development of strategic programmes, and finalise programme activity and budget with client (driving development of the strategic and creative direction of accounts). Ensure that business expands year on year.
· Keep abreast of external issues/events and changes in the external environment, and regularly review their impact upon programmes and client objectives. Provide proactive strategic insight to client.
· Ensure strategic focus of all materials/programmes delivered by Darwin Healthcare, reviewing their content when necessary to ensure that the client’s needs are being met.
· Ensure team understanding of client corporate values and personality profiles of individual clients.
· Liaise appropriately with all relevant departments, providing information that may assist them in their day-to-day work.
· Drive brainstorming for account expansion and account development planning.
· Contribute to development of client marketing strategy and thinking, as appropriate.
· Maintain regular contact regarding strategic direction of the account, staffing and other issues as appropriate.
· Establish and maintain a role as a consultant/advisor to client.
· Maintain an overview of programme tactics.
· Involve relevant individuals in team meetings and discussions, to ensure that client business needs are optimally addressed.
· Overall responsibility for achieving financial targets with client.
· Establish and confirm financial arrangements with client.
· Maintain awareness of financial status of accounts at all times.
· Ensure invoices are dispatched on time and in accordance with the client/project agreement.
· Approve all project reconciliations on assigned accounts.
· Prepare pitches and proposals for additional business opportunities with existing clients.
· Participate with new business initiatives enthusiastically.· Up-selling: proactively identify additional activities with existing clients that add value to client and Darwin.
· Cross-selling: networking with the client organisation to acquire new projects/accounts outside current spec.
· Line management of roles up to and including Senior Account Manager
· For direct line reports, take responsibility for management of attendance (holiday, sickness, training, off-site meetings, etc.).
· Lead and motivate supervised staff to fulfil their potential and assume responsibility and accountability appropriate to their position.
· Conduct appraisal interviews and monitor appraisal objectives, recommending training where required.
· Participate in interviewing new staff, where appropriate.
· Keep accurate written records of all personnel incidents and performance issues.
Thank you for your interest we look forward to receiving your CV.